When searching for cheaper insurance, are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance choices available to you? Colorado drivers have so many options that it can easily become a difficult situation to compare premium rates on Ford F-350 insurance. Everyone knows that Denver is a good city to live in, but the high premiums for insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford coverage.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Colorado could save 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best price on Ford F-350 insurance in Denver at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
Low-cost companies for Ford F-350 insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$426||$596||$36||$178||$1,450||$121|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$342||$644||$526||$32||$158||$1,702||$142|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$182||$282||$396||$24||$118||$1,002||$84|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$240||$340||$690||$40||$206||$1,516||$126|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$364||$726||$456||$28||$136||$1,710||$143|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$164||$288||$338||$20||$100||$910||$76|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$326||$662||$596||$36||$178||$1,798||$150|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$182||$332||$596||$36||$178||$1,324||$110|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$240||$340||$690||$40||$206||$1,516||$126|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$288||$506||$30||$152||$1,140||$95|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$192||$312||$542||$32||$162||$1,240||$103|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$182||$332||$554||$32||$166||$1,266||$106|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$292||$534||$330||$20||$98||$1,274||$106|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$182||$332||$368||$22||$110||$1,014||$85|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$422||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,858||$155|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$292||$614||$496||$30||$148||$1,580||$132|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$310||$570||$542||$32||$162||$1,616||$135|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$162||$324||$496||$30||$148||$1,160||$97|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$164||$332||$506||$30||$152||$1,184||$99|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$270||$490||$538||$32||$160||$1,490||$124|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$204||$382||$538||$32||$160||$1,316||$110|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$434||$740||$690||$40||$206||$2,110||$176|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$406||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,524||$127|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$364||$528||$358||$22||$108||$1,380||$115|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$296||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,210||$101|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$426||$368||$22||$110||$1,190||$99|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$296||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,210||$101|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$360||$630||$368||$22||$110||$1,490||$124|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$370||$338||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$226||$382||$538||$32||$160||$1,338||$112|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$294||$566||$684||$40||$206||$1,790||$149|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$200||$382||$554||$32||$166||$1,334||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$620||$690||$40||$206||$1,984||$165|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$290||$514||$330||$20||$98||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$258||$480||$474||$28||$142||$1,382||$115|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$236||$416||$330||$20||$98||$1,100||$92|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$478||$740||$460||$28||$138||$1,844||$154|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$300||$576||$426||$26||$128||$1,456||$121|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$258||$480||$712||$42||$212||$1,704||$142|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$360||$726||$554||$32||$166||$1,838||$153|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$306||$500||$352||$20||$106||$1,284||$107|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$426||$338||$20||$100||$1,122||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Ford F-350 insurance discounts in Denver
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study vehicle usage remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Denver auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-theft, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, multi-car, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driving training, good driver, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, defensive driver, driver training, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Denver. To choose insurance companies who offer cheap Ford F-350 insurance quotes in Denver, follow this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Denver car insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Denver?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Listed below are agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Denver.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 – Denver, CO 80206 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
- Stephanie Sponder – State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave – Denver, CO 80203 – (303) 744-0757 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback to all your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a company that can service your policy. But keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy any time you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific company for any length of time.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your F-350 resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your F-350 to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford F-350.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Ford F-350 insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Denver can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Denver? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)