Scraping up a payment for overpriced Honda Crosstour insurance in Denver can stress out your monthly budget, especially in this economy. Getting a rate comparison can be a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,800, Colorado drivers can save up to 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around. Many insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Honda Crosstour insurance in Denver.
Get discounts on Denver auto insurance
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To find insurers who offer online Honda Crosstour insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Where can I get low cost Denver Honda Crosstour insurance?
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda Crosstour scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Lower prices for being claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Colorado provide the lowest premiums to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Honda. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Youthful drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Honda Crosstour?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Denver.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Denver who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Denver can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Denver that can give you free rate quotes.
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Denver should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Denver?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Auto insurance is not optional in Colorado
Even though Denver Crosstour insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Honda and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Honda Crosstour insurance prices online in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced car insurance in Denver can be bought from both online companies and with local Denver insurance agents, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
When you buy Denver car insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)