Want to know an easy way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Hyundai Equus insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Hyundai and find the cheapest rates either online or from Denver insurance agents.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver is really not that difficult. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most companies afford better rates to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Vehicle options can affect rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Women pay lower prices – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both genders get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Inexpensive frequent policy claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Colorado give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability insurance limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Equus can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Raise your deductibles for better premiums – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Equus – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cutting your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to spend a little time getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Denver auto insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Equus insurance, paying for insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Equus more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Online Discount – Some car insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies who may offer these discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you want affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Denver. For a list of car insurance companies who offer free Hyundai Equus insurance quotes in Denver, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Different types of Denver auto insurance agents
If you want to use local Denver agents, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Denver are either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
- Caramel Russell-Rouse – State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 – Denver, CO 80224 – (303) 424-0420 – View Map
- Beth Bales – State Farm Insurance Agent
3650 S Yosemite St #408 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 993-2727 – View Map
- Tiffany Meidinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Acoma St – Denver, CO 80204 – (720) 508-8760 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
- Moschetti Michael – Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 534-2133 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 744-1341 – View Map
After you get good answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost Hyundai Equus insurance in Denver can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)