If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, you can easily be overwhelmed by the large number insurance agents and companies offering insurance in Denver.
Unfortunately, most car insurance policyholders in Colorado have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America can save nearly $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
Ways to get Mercury Mountaineer insurance rate quotes in Denver, CO
There are several ways to get quotes from many different Colorado insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mountaineer Premier 2WD||$194||$370||$338||$20||$100||$1,022||$85|
|Mountaineer Premier AWD||$146||$282||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The example below illustrates the difference between Mercury Mountaineer auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Mountaineer insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Mercury Mountaineer replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Auto insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercury Mountaineer insurance, auto insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Mountaineer, most banks will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower-cost Mercury Mountaineer insurance quotes in Denver
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Mountaineer insurance premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers offers discounts for student away at school, multi-car, driver training, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, good student, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Mercury Mountaineer rate quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. To view providers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
The difference between Denver auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Denver can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Denver who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Greg Delgado
2839 Wyandot St – Denver, CO 80211 – (720) 588-4111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 788-0777 – View Map
- Austin Domsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-0895 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
- Moschetti Michael – Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 534-2133 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Mercury Mountaineer to commute?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
More effort can pay off
We covered many tips how you can find affordable Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper insurance in Denver can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Denver? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)