Want low-cost Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver? Locating better insurance prices for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a Nissan and obtain the best price possible either online or from Denver insurance agents.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Colorado could cut their rates by about $605 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched.
Shopping around for the best protection in Denver is not as hard as you think. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. You just have to learn the quickest way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Determine discounts on Denver auto insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap Rogue insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, air bags, good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, family plan, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, homeowners, early bird, student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, switch companies, teen driver, early shopping, good student, and business and professional.
- Allstate offers discounts for safe driver, FullPay discount, premier plus, economy car, and anti-lock brakes.
If you are trying to find low cost Denver auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Denver. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
How to shop Nissan Rogue insurance online
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Comparing Nissan Rogue insurance rates online is easy for anyone as you just type in your coverage information into a form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on the data you entered.
Getting online rates for Nissan Rogue insurance in Denver makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get lower-cost rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will be getting a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$310||$458||$520||$30||$156||$1,474||$123|
|Rogue S AWD||$164||$330||$480||$28||$144||$1,146||$96|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$252||$368||$520||$30||$156||$1,326||$111|
|Rogue SL AWD||$302||$662||$536||$32||$160||$1,692||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Denver location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Nissan Rogue auto insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better car insurance rates.
Gender is a factor – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause fender benders in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Nissan Rogue is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Denver.
Tickets can increase prices – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
More miles equals more premium – The more you drive your Nissan annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect rating for your Rogue may be wasting your money.
Only buy extra coverages you need – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Nissan. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Rogue – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Nissan Rogue Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD||94||91||77||116||108||93|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD||94||92||79||117||106||87|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD||100||119||69||165||169||115|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD||107||136||69||154||159||132|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Nissan Rogue?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Denver.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Denver auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Denver who can help you get free price quotes.
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
- Dagley Insurance and Financial Services Inc
2055 S Federal Blvd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1229 – View Map
- All Insurance Agency
67 Knox Ct – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 935-3661 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
- Stephanie Sponder – State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave – Denver, CO 80203 – (303) 744-0757 – View Map
- Lori Rickert State Farm®
714 S Pearl St – Denver, CO 80209 – (303) 757-7440 – View Map
- Kelly Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
1855 S Pearl St Ste 100 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 862-4579 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Rogue in Denver, paying for car insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Nissan Rogue and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Denver is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Nissan Rogue insurance is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Denver? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)