Want to save money and find more affordable Buick Regal insurance in Denver? Getting low-cost Denver Buick Regal insurance quotes online might seem somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners not familiar with price shopping over the internet. Since there are so many insurance companies available, how can you efficiently compare them all to find the cheapest rates?
A recent auto insurance study revealed that most consumers in Colorado have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save as much as 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Denver is really quite easy. If you currently have insurance, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Although Colorado drivers must learn how insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Buick Regal insurance in Denver
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Buick may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up digitally online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, easy pay, good student, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, multi-car, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
If you need low cost Denver auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be offered everywhere.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Denver who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Denver?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they full-time agents?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Denver?
When searching for a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with price quotes.
- Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
- Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
- State Farm: Charles Insurance Agency
1165 S Broadway #114 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-7161 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Denver independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
- Westwood Insurance
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Colorado
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Denver, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, loss of income, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like hospital visits, dental work and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Regal resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Regal to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Denver is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Denver, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)