Are you burned out from not being able to afford to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than the majority of other consumers in Colorado.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers could save 35% every year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the absolute lowest price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Denver.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Buying affordable car insurance in Denver is not that difficult. But Colorado car owners need to learn how insurance companies set your policy premium.
Best companies for low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every policy discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies early. It could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, membership and employees, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, early bird, student driver, driver training, air bags, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and air bag.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not apply in Denver.
Get Cadillac ATS Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- No auto insurance policy gaps is important – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Credit rating impact auto insurance costs – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Cadillac ATS by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Optional features that lower premiums – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Auto insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers tend to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Insurance loss statistics a Cadillac ATS – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac ATS Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local insurance agents
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Denver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Denver who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you get reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Drivers who switch save $400 a year? Really?
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching your policy. But how can every company give you a lower rate on Cadillac ATS insurance in Denver?
Different companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of this type of risk profile could be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer who matches those parameters will get very good Denver car insurance rates and will save if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not meet the “perfect” profile will get more expensive rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The trick is to say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great rates.
This illustrates why you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will have the lowest prices for your situation.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below: