Would you like to save money by finding lower-priced Chevy Equinox insurance in Denver? I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying for insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Sadly, the vast majority of insurance customers in Colorado have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in America could save an average of $859 each year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched. Since vehicle owners have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to find the right insurance company.
Consumers should take time to compare prices before your next renewal because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Chevy Equinox insurance in Denver six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on Equinox insurance online but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to lower your insurance bill.
Low-cost companies for Chevy Equinox insurance in Colorado
The following companies offer quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$260||$536||$396||$24||$118||$1,334||$111|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$234||$472||$396||$24||$118||$1,244||$104|
|Equinox LS AWD||$144||$296||$396||$24||$118||$978||$82|
|Equinox LT AWD||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$146||$282||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$284||$434||$460||$28||$138||$1,344||$112|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$238||$458||$338||$20||$100||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below examines Chevrolet Equinox insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevrolet Equinox settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Equinox insurance in Denver
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Denver car insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that have some of the above discounts include:
If you need low cost Denver car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my Chevy Equinox covered if I use it for business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Equinox?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Denver.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Denver that can give you free Denver car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How are they compensated?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If they are an independent agency in Denver, which companies do they recommend?
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Consumers can’t get away from ads for insurance savings by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim about how much you will save if you switch to their company.
How does every company cost less than your current company? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies give the cheapest rates for the driver they prefer to insure. One example of a profitable risk profile could possibly be a married male, carries high limits, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Denver and as a result will probably save if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for those criteria will be quoted higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why companies can claim big savings.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you really should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just not possible to know which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Chevy Equinox insurance rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance in Denver is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be found on the following sites:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)