Are you researching more competitive Ford F-150 insurance in Denver? Locating better insurance prices for a Ford F-150 in Colorado can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and get the lowest price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage before your next renewal because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on Ford F-150 insurance in Denver a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There is too much inaccurate information about F-150 insurance on the web, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best ways to lower your car insurance rates in Denver.
Cheapest companies for Ford F-150 insurance
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$230||$288||$358||$22||$108||$1,006||$84|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$214||$372||$474||$28||$142||$1,230||$103|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$232||$432||$426||$26||$128||$1,244||$104|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$188||$348||$426||$26||$128||$1,116||$93|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$184||$342||$456||$28||$136||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$232||$358||$22||$108||$882||$74|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$260||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,304||$109|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$130||$200||$338||$20||$100||$788||$66|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$276||$412||$362||$22||$108||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$264||$368||$358||$22||$108||$1,120||$93|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$218||$362||$22||$108||$862||$72|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$252||$304||$460||$28||$138||$1,182||$99|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$302||$448||$352||$20||$106||$1,228||$102|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$388||$448||$460||$28||$138||$1,462||$122|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$184||$232||$358||$22||$108||$904||$75|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$194||$258||$338||$20||$100||$910||$76|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$294||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,330||$111|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$294||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,430||$119|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$236||$380||$330||$20||$98||$1,064||$89|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$262||$454||$330||$20||$98||$1,164||$97|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$416||$456||$28||$136||$1,276||$106|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$334||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,542||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,132||$94|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$146||$238||$330||$20||$98||$832||$69|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$340||$562||$474||$28||$142||$1,546||$129|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$330||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,448||$121|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$162||$350||$396||$24||$118||$1,050||$88|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$184||$332||$358||$22||$108||$1,004||$84|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$214||$360||$330||$20||$98||$1,022||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$294||$528||$396||$24||$118||$1,360||$113|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$372||$740||$426||$26||$128||$1,692||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Denver which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford F-150 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can increase Ford F-150 premium costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Denver
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on F-150 insurance in Denver.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Student in College - Youth drivers living away from Denver attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Denver auto insurance quote.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, seat belt use, federal employee, multi-policy, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, good student, multi-policy, new vehicle, family discount, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-car, good student, safety device, emergency road assistance, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, youthful driver, good student, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, multiple policy, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Denver. To see insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
Below are agents in Denver that are able to give price quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Denver.
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
3401 Quebec St Ste 9400 - Denver, CO 80207 - (303) 377-4767 - View Map
- Jack Sunahara - State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 S Tamarac Dr #160 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 779-4848 - View Map
- Hank Dorner - State Farm Insurance Agent
118 W 5th Ave - Denver, CO 80204 - (303) 280-1115 - View Map
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 388-7216 - View Map
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for auto insurance savings from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the companies advertise the message about savings just by moving your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It's all in the wording.
Insurance providers have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. A good example of this type of insured should be a married male, has never had a claim, and does not commute to work. A driver that meets those criteria receives the best rates in Denver and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Insureds who don't meet these standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate which translates to business not being written. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This really emphasizes why drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. It's just not possible to know which company will have the lowest Ford F-150 insurance in Denver.
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM Coverage - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford F-150.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability car insurance - Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Collision coverage - This pays for damage to your F-150 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your F-150 to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like surgery, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, rock chips in glass, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Find cheap rates by comparing often
The cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Denver is available online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, so you need to shop Denver auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just learned many ideas to compare Ford F-150 insurance rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for College Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Denver Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)