Locating the cheapest insurance for a Lexus IS 350 in Colorado can be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Lexus and obtain the cheapest rates.
Pricing cheaper car insurance coverage in Denver is not that difficult. If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without sacrificing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to buy car insurance on the web.
Companies offering Lexus IS 350 insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 350 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$630||$338||$20||$100||$1,384||$115|
|IS 350 C 2-Dr Convertible||$364||$836||$456||$28||$136||$1,820||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can impact premiums greatly.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Lexus IS 350 auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus IS 350 replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders influence Lexus IS 350 insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Lexus IS 350 insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
These discounts can cut Lexus IS 350 insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from Denver attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total IS 350 insurance premium.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include exclusive group savings, safety features, new graduate, newly retired, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Which is the best insurance?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What are good deductibles for a Lexus IS 350?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How are claims handled?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Denver?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Denver?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy. But keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy any time you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with the insurance policy with no way out.
Save $424 a year. For real?
Colorado consumers can’t escape the ads for the lowest price insurance by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies state the claim that you’ll save big just by switching to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all cost less than your current company? This is the trick they use.
Different companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that will be a good risk. One example of a profitable customer may be a mature driver, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes in Denver and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who do not meet these standards will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can make those statements.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to guess which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Lexus IS 350 insurance premium rates in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
A few companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Discount Lexus IS 350 insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)