Locating cheap Denver Mercury Montego insurance quotes online can be problematic for consumers who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices on the web. With such a large choice of companies, how are we expected to have the ability to compare every company in order to find the cheapest rates?
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of drivers in Colorado kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American consumers could pocket almost $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Colorado. The recommended way to compare Mercury Montego insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just remember that comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from them as well.
The following companies offer quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Denver, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Mercury and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Your Montego Insurance Rates are Determined
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Accidents will cost you – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Occupation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most companies afford better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Because the Mercury Montego is classified as a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same when compared to the average rates in Denver. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Younger vs. experienced drivers – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
- Liability coverage is cheap – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Never go without insurance – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your rates slightly.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in Denver, click this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying your policy for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Mercury Montego?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
What types of car insurance agents are in Denver?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Denver exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Val Laskowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 W Dartmouth Ave #410 – Denver, CO 80227 – (303) 987-8849 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Novak
3900 E Mexico Ave # 105 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 320-7859 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Denise Hoffman
535 16th St #350 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 628-0554 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Denver that are able to give price quote information.
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd – Denver, CO 80232 – (303) 936-7233 – View Map
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 759-4551 – View Map
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St – Denver, CO 80206 – (720) 209-4598 – View Map
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
The cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Denver can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Denver auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)