How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Porsche Boxster insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Porsche and find the best price possible either online or from Denver insurance agents.
You need to shop coverage around at least once a year because car insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best deal on Porsche Boxster insurance in Denver on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Boxster insurance on the web, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to slash your car insurance rates in Denver.
The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using these methods. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the tricks to quote multiple rates online.
The majority of larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices for coverage from their websites. Getting online rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Denver is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Porsche Boxster insurance in Denver streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for the best insurance rates.
To find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$238||$490||$314||$18||$94||$1,154||$96|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$466||$1030||$404||$24||$120||$2,044||$170|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Denver garaging location which can lower or raise prices greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Porsche Boxster auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Porsche Boxster liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Porsche Boxster car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Boxster settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discount Denver car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers do not list all discounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Boxster insurance premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Boxster insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Denver auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Denver. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with the best Porsche Boxster insurance discounts in Denver, click here.
Local agents and car insurance
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Denver.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 759-4551 – View Map
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 282-8000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St – Denver, CO 80209 – (303) 722-0191 – View Map
- Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mike Schmisek
1100 S Shoshone St – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 922-1001 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my Porsche Boxster covered for smoke damage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What Determines Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – Policies have extra add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce costs – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive your Porsche in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Boxster is just wasting money. Verify your policy is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time.
- Insurance loss statistics a Porsche Boxster – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Porsche Boxster vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Boxster Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Boxster
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Boxster insurance, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Boxster with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Porsche Boxster. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Boxster are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Cheaper auto insurance in Denver can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)