Think you have an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many Denver drivers feel the same as you.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of drivers in Colorado have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American consumers could cut their rates by up to $860 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they changed companies.
Since you have so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the cheapest auto insurance company.
Discount Denver car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Denver can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should help lower your overall bill.
To locate insurers who offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Just remember that comparing more prices helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Denver.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Denver who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, you should always get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below are Denver independent insurance agents who may provide pricing information.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
Alan Deines – State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 388-4400 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 333-0205 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Denver?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Once you have positive feedback and cheap Vitara insurance quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage. Just remember you are able to cancel your policy at any time so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Low-cost Suzuki Vitara insurance in Denver can be found both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)