Do you want to learn to get more affordable Toyota Tacoma insurance in Denver? Nobody that owns a car loves paying for car insurance, especially when their premiums are too high.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Colorado kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in America could save nearly 46.5% every year, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates and save money. Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you're already insured or just want to save money, use these techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Denver is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart buyers just need to understand the most effective way to compare company rates instantly.
Best companies for low-cost Toyota Tacoma insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$144||$282||$396||$24||$118||$964||$80|
|Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$246||$496||$362||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$294||$562||$396||$24||$118||$1,394||$116|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$378||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,694||$141|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$162||$282||$396||$24||$118||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Denver which can influence insurance rates considerably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Toyota Tacoma insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Tacoma insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota Tacoma claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Toyota Tacoma yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow their company to track driving manner remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
To choose providers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If my Toyota Tacoma is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent. Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Denver?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
When looking for local Denver agents, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Denver are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can handle auto insurance, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get comparison quotes.
Tammy Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 - Denver, CO 80249 - (303) 373-9500 - View Map
Caramel Russell-Rouse - State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 - Denver, CO 80224 - (303) 424-0420 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Denver independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
Save $397 a year? Really?
Colorado consumers can't avoid all the ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the companies advertise the message about how much you will save if you change your coverage to them.
How does every company charge you a lower premium? It's all in the wording.
Insurance providers have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of driver should be over the age of 45, owns their home, and has great credit. Any person who matches those parameters will probably get cheap premium rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who don't meet this stringent profile will be charged higher premium rates and this results in the customer not purchasing. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much when switching. That's why companies can truthfully claim big savings. This illustrates why you really should get as many free Denver car insurance quotes as possible. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the best Toyota Tacoma insurance in Denver.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
We covered many tips how you can shop for Toyota Tacoma insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Low-cost Toyota Tacoma insurance in Denver is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More information is located at these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)