Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
Remarkably, a study showed that most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never shopped around. Consumers in Denver can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find affordable insurance rates.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate on Volvo XC60 insurance in Denver.
Save money on Volvo XC60 insurance in Denver with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Denver is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on XC60 insurance in Denver.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in Denver. To see auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Denver, click here.
When shopping for Volvo XC60 insurance in Denver there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Colorado. The fastest way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rates online takes the place of having to actually drive to and from local Denver insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get Denver XC60 insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$130||$238||$280||$16||$84||$748||$62|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$330||$536||$304||$18||$92||$1,280||$107|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$342||$644||$298||$18||$90||$1,392||$116|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$368||$630||$304||$18||$92||$1,412||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Volvo XC60 car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC60 replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Denver
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Volvo XC60 auto insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my Volvo XC60 need full coverage?
Auto insurance agents near you
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Denver.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Denver that can give you free Denver car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want a good Denver insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare prices from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Denver that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Alan Deines – State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 388-4400 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Once you have positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
You just read a lot of techniques to shop for Volvo XC60 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious Volvo XC60 insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many Denver insurance agents, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Retired Military in Denver? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)