Are you drained from paying out the nose to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other Colorado drivers.
Statistics show that the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Denver drivers could save themselves 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Since people have many options for buying cheaper insurance for an Acura ILX in Denver, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the best insurance company.
It’s a good idea to check insurance prices at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on Acura ILX insurance in Denver a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost protection in Denver is actually quite simple. Practically every car owner who is looking for cheaper car insurance will most likely find a lower-cost company. But Colorado vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Cheaper Denver car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, student driver, defensive driver, early bird, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates in Denver, click here.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Denver is to understand car insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as how much education you have, driver details, if the car is leased, and if you’re married. That rating data is then sent to all major companies and you get price estimates with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Denver.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
The Acura ILX Insurance Cost Equation
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
How much liability – Liability insurance will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Incidental coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
High comp and collision deductibles lower costs – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Higher premiums for car insurance lapses – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
Responsible credit equals lower premiums – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura ILX by improving your credit score.
Car plus home equals more savings – Some companies allow a discount to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Driving citations mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Acura ILX is a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Denver.
Claims statistics for an Acura ILX – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura ILX Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is glass protection for?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local Denver insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Denver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Denver who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Denver may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Denver who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Denver exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long has the business existed?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Upon getting good answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Denver, maintaining insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Acura at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
In the end, you can save money
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cost effective Acura ILX insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Denver insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)