Do you think you bought an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat.
It’s amazing but most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers can cut their rates by roughly 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they bought a different policy. Since vehicle owners have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be diffult for drivers to find the lowest price insurance provider.
Cheapest auto insurance in Denver, CO
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$608||$314||$18||$94||$1,328||$111|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$382||$314||$18||$94||$990||$83|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$688||$304||$18||$92||$1,434||$120|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$442||$298||$18||$90||$1,058||$88|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$434||$838||$392||$24||$118||$1,806||$151|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$310||$646||$362||$22||$108||$1,448||$121|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$724||$396||$24||$118||$1,556||$130|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$296||$554||$304||$18||$92||$1,264||$105|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$290||$582||$330||$20||$98||$1,320||$110|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$360||$822||$396||$24||$118||$1,720||$143|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$784||$392||$24||$118||$1,746||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can modify premiums substantially.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Audi A5 insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you qualify for discounts on Audi A5 insurance in Denver?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign – A few companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total A5 insurance premium.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that have most of these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in Denver. To choose insurers who offer online Audi A5 insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Audi A5 Insurance Prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many companies give discounts for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Audi A5 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- High credit rating translates to low costs – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi A5 by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Young drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Your employer may affect premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and financial analysts usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Loss statistics for an Audi A5 – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
When looking for an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Denver can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are Denver exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
Upon receiving positive feedback as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
The best rates come from being thorough
Cheaper auto insurance in Denver is available on the web in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When you buy Denver car insurance online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)