Are you regretting buying overpriced Dodge Dakota insurance in Denver? Trust us when we tell you many Denver drivers feel the same as you.
It’s astonishing, but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the United States can save 47% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the abundance of companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the lowest price insurance company.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Dodge Dakota insurance in Denver two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Cheapest car insurance in Denver, CO
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$220||$368||$576||$34||$172||$1,370||$114|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$186||$362||$448||$26||$134||$1,156||$96|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$260||$562||$496||$30||$148||$1,496||$125|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$288||$440||$26||$132||$1,054||$88|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$340||$440||$26||$132||$1,106||$92|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$336||$792||$592||$36||$178||$1,934||$161|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$278||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$162||$296||$396||$24||$118||$996||$83|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$148||$288||$422||$24||$126||$1,008||$84|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,250||$104|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$264||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,250||$104|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$298||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$312||$362||$22||$108||$976||$81|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$278||$496||$362||$22||$108||$1,266||$106|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$162||$282||$330||$20||$98||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
An analysis of deductible level
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Dodge Dakota premium costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Dodge Dakota annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can affect Dodge Dakota premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Liability coverage is critical – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Consolidate policies with the same company – Most larger insurers provide discounts to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to compare other Denver Dakota insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Increase deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be rearending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Dakota by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Small coverages can add up – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Males are more aggressive – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Get cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Denver with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to track their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, federal employee, military active duty, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good driver, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, teen driver, student driver, homeowners, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you want cheaper Denver car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Denver. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Denver.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Denver who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How long has the business existed?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the point about how much you will save if you get a free Denver car insurance quote and switch your coverage. How is it possible that every company can charge you a lower premium?
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that will generate a profit. A good example of a profitable insured might be between 30 and 50, has no claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer getting a price quote that fits those parameters gets the lowest rates and will also save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher rates with the end result being the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims.
This really illustrates why you absolutely need to compare quotes as often as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance company will have the lowest Dodge Dakota insurance in Denver.
How to know if you need help
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Dakota is totaled?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Persistence pays off
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Dodge Dakota insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with the smaller companies.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Denver is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.