Are you looking for low-cost car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Ford Fusion insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we'll show you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Ford and locate the lowest possible price.
If you are already insured or need a new policy, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. This article's intent is to tell you how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. You just have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Denver auto insurance quote.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Fusion insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will give a small break get Denver auto insurance digitally online.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, accident-free, good driver, and passive restraint.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, good student, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, homeowners, student driver, theft prevention, air bags, and early bird.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
When getting free Denver auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available everywhere. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,324||$110|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$490||$448||$26||$134||$1,340||$112|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$528||$396||$24||$118||$1,330||$111|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,118||$93|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$762||$396||$24||$118||$1,626||$136|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,440||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Ford Fusion car insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
- Extra policy coverages that aren't used - There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability protection is critical - Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- High performance equals high premiums - The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Since the Ford Fusion is a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Denver. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Keep the miles off and save - The higher the miles on your Ford in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Fusion can cost quite a bit.
- Driving citations can increase rates - Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. People who have serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Physical damage deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Gender and car insurance prices - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Small claims can cost you - If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Colorado award better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Ford Fusion claim probability - Companies study historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Ford Fusion Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don't have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Denver should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which family members are covered?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you need to find local Denver agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Denver are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
- Bao Ngoc Nguyen - State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 975-1100 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 788-0777 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St - Denver, CO 80206 - (720) 209-4598 - View Map
- Dagley Insurance and Financial Services Inc
2055 S Federal Blvd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 975-1229 - View Map
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Fusion, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Ford Fusion and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last thing about your coverage
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Low-cost Ford Fusion insurance in Denver can be found online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When getting Denver auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Denver? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)