When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many providers to choose from that it can really be a lot of work to find lower auto insurance rates on Lexus RC 300 insurance. Denver is a wonderful place to live, but expensive auto insurance can make it very difficult to afford coverage.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 35% a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You should take the time to do price comparisons as often as possible since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best deal on Lexus RC 300 insurance in Denver two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There are lots of tips to save on RC 300 insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some solid techniques on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Denver.
Affordable companies for Lexus RC 300 insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Determine discounts on Denver car insurance
Some companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current RC 300 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Discount – Denver drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
To choose car insurance companies with the best Lexus RC 300 insurance discounts in Denver in Colorado, follow this link.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Denver that can provide free Denver car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Denver?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
The difference between Denver auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Denver can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Beth Bales – State Farm Insurance Agent
3650 S Yosemite St #408 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 993-2727 – View Map
- State Farm: Sid Priday
2955 Inca St #1b – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 825-7909 – View Map
- Hank Dorner – State Farm Insurance Agent
118 W 5th Ave – Denver, CO 80204 – (303) 280-1115 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to contact several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-9300 – View Map
Specific coverages for a Lexus RC 300
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, surgery, prosthetic devices, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Lexus RC 300.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your RC 300 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your RC 300 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Lower rates by being persistent
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Denver is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Lexus RC 300 insurance premium rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
When you buy Denver car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)