Would you prefer to buy more competitive Tesla Model S insurance in Denver? Purchasing affordable Denver Tesla Model S insurance quotes may be impossible for vehicle owners new to shopping for insurance over the internet. With so many options of insurers to choose from, how can you have time to compare every auto insurance company to find the cheapest rates?
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American drivers could pocket $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates online.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Tesla Model S insurance in Denver two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Our objective is to teach you how to get online quotes and how to save the most money. Although Colorado drivers do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Compare free Denver Tesla Model S insurance quotes
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Denver auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data collection to track their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy cost.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, teen driver, pay in full, multi-car, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- USAA offers discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, family discount, good student, and new vehicle.
When getting free Denver auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be offered in every state.
Buying auto insurance from Denver auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Denver who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How are claims handled?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kelly Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
1855 S Pearl St Ste 100 – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 862-4579 – View Map
- Val Laskowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 W Dartmouth Ave #410 – Denver, CO 80227 – (303) 987-8849 – View Map
- Rick Emerson Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 Happy Canyon Rd #230 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 781-1133 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Denver that are able to give price quote information.
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 824-6600 – View Map
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 752-5806 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
Insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Denver?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying the right Tesla vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Tesla Model S insurance, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Tesla Model S, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Tesla at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Tesla Model S.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, emergency aid, attorney fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying higher limits.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Model S from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your Model S in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce Tesla Model S insurance auto insurance rates online in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Denver auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you quote Denver auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Tesla Model S insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Denver auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites: