Do you want to save money by finding more competitive Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Denver? Think you have high-priced Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Denver? Don’t sweat it because many Denver consumers are in the same pinch.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers in Colorado kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by $860 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company. Since you have so many companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Toyota Highlander Hybrid in Denver, it is very difficult to locate the cheapest company.
This article’s intent is to help you learn how to compare rates easily. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates in Denver
Companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Learn How to Find Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Being married pays dividends – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most larger insurance companies afford better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare Toyota Highlander Hybrid rates in Denver to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Your location is important – Having an address in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Insurance loss data for a Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Toyota Highlander Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Denver.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Denver that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Denver should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Persistence pays off
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
More affordable insurance in Denver can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you need to shop Denver auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)