How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Toyota Matrix insurance in Denver? Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to pay insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other Colorado drivers.
Regrettably, most consumers in Colorado renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by $850 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper insurance rates. Many insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the lowest rate possible on Toyota Matrix insurance in Denver.
It’s smart to price shop coverage periodically because rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest premium rates on Toyota Matrix insurance in Denver on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Companies offering affordable Toyota Matrix prices in Denver, CO
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Matrix S 2WD||$162||$332||$358||$22||$108||$982||$82|
|Matrix S AWD||$192||$340||$460||$28||$138||$1,158||$97|
|Matrix XRS 2WD||$212||$458||$338||$20||$100||$1,128||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Matrix insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Toyota Matrix insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest rates are for low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Due to the fact that the Toyota Matrix is a compact wagon, insurance will be the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Denver.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Matrix by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Consider raising deductibles – The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Score discounts on Denver auto insurance
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Denver, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local Denver insurance agencies
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Denver?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you should always get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my Toyota Matrix covered for smoke damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
A little work can save a LOT of money
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Toyota Matrix insurance car insurance rates online in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)