Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Denver? Finding lower-cost Denver Kia Borrego insurance quotes over the internet might seem rather difficult for drivers who are new to comparison shopping on the internet. With such a large number of agents and insurers to choose from, how can Denver drivers possibly compare all the different companies and get the cheapest rates?
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Colorado could save up to 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Denver is not rocket science. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. But Colorado consumers must comprehend how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheapest companies for Kia Borrego insurance in Colorado
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Affordable rates on Kia Borrego insurance in Denver with these eight discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Denver car insurance quotes online.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Denver without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, driver’s education, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bags, homeowners, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, good student, air bag, and driver training.
If you need affordable Kia Borrego insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in Denver. To see insurance companies who offer online Kia Borrego insurance quotes in Denver, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Denver auto insurance agents?
A small number of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Denver that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
When looking for a local Denver insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Denver agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Denver who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – James Lundin
1490 N Lafayette St #302b – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 433-4542 – View Map
- Joe Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4110 8th Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 388-4949 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mike Schmisek
1100 S Shoshone St – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 922-1001 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 477-0505 – View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 824-6600 – View Map
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. They all seem to convey the message that people will save just by moving your insurance coverage to their company. How does every insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of this type of driver might be married and over the age of 30, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. Any driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates in Denver and most likely will cut their Kia Borrego insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who do not fit this stringent profile will be quoted higher prices and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. This really drives home the point why you absolutely need to get Denver car insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage options for a Kia Borrego
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Borrego to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Borrego.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, structural damage, loss of income and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Cheaper insurance is out there
Affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Denver is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to find cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)