Having to pay for high-priced Kia Niro insurance in Denver can consume your checking account and maybe even restrict other spending.
A recent survey discovered that most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Denver could save about $605 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to do a rate comparison. Online insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Extra policy coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- More mileage equals more premium – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your policy shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Niro may be costing you higher rates.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Colorado provide the best rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- How much liability coverage do you need? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Teen driver insurance rates – Youthful drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- High deductibles reduce prices – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Most of the larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get pricing from their websites. Getting quotes for Kia Niro insurance in Denver doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the system will order your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Kia Niro insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
The ad said I’d save $466 a year!
Colorado consumers can’t escape the ads for cheaper car insurance by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads state the claim that you can save if you just switch your policy.
How can each company save you money on Kia Niro insurance in Denver? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Different companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them the most money. An example of this type of insured could possibly be over the age of 50, has had continuous coverage, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who matches that profile gets the lowest prices and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who do not match the requirements may receive a higher premium and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. The ads state “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Because of this risk profiling, you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have the best Kia Niro insurance in Denver.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, most banks will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Kia Niro. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Score discounts on Denver insurance
Insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Niro insurance in Denver.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring several vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Denver auto insurance quote.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Niro insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of insurance companies who offer free Kia Niro insurance quotes in Denver, follow this link.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Denver insurance agencies?
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How many years have they been established?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Denver are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Denver that can give you price quote information.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Niro insurance premium rates online in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Kia Niro insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Kia Niro insurance in Denver can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Denver, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)