Want to know how to find cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Denver? Did a good deal turn out to be an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Denver drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Amazingly, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save about $860 each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Denver is not rocket science. But Colorado consumers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Denver, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Sorento, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia Sorento and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Kia gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Truth in auto insurance advertising
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim that people will save if you get a free Denver car insurance quote and switch to their company. That’s great but how can every company cost less than your current company? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will be a good risk. One example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 35, has no prior claims, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Denver and will probably cut their Kia Sorento insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who fall short of the “perfect” profile may receive a more expensive rate and the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that. This illustrates why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Check for these rate reducing discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Sorento insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premium.
Auto insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Denver. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Who are their largest clients?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
Caramel Russell-Rouse – State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 – Denver, CO 80224 – (303) 424-0420 – View Map
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Cheap insurance rates are available
Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Budget-conscious Kia Sorento insurance is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When shopping online for insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)