Feel like you have an overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many Denver drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers in Colorado have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the U.S. can save $860 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switched. Because you have many options when it comes to car insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to locate a lower cost company.
Pricing the lowest cost protection in Denver is not as confusing as people think. If you have a current car insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, use these techniques to save money while maximizing coverage. You only need an understanding of how to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Companies offering Kia Spectra insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Drivers with high credit save – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Spectra by repairing your credit.
Policy add-ons add up – There are many optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and membership fees may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – If you file claims often, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Colorado award better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Certain jobs raise premiums – Jobs like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Kia Spectra is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Denver.
Maintain auto insurance coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Women tend to take less risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both genders cause accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Spectra insurance in Denver?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Spectra insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will lower your car insurance premiums.
Some companies that possibly offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask every company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of providers that offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Denver.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want local Denver agents, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Denver can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you will want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that can give you comparison quotes.
Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
Caramel Russell-Rouse – State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 – Denver, CO 80224 – (303) 424-0420 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Denver?
Car insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
You just read many ways to reduce Kia Spectra insurance car insurance rates online in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Kia Spectra rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
The cheapest Kia Spectra insurance in Denver can be bought online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
More information can be found at the links below
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Denver? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)