How long has it been since the last time you looked for more competitive Kia Stinger insurance in Denver? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Kia Stinger in Colorado can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a better way to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Kia and obtain the lowest price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on Kia Stinger insurance in Denver six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Lowering your Kia Stinger insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Denver Stinger insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Kia. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How do Insurers Determine Kia Stinger Insurance Rates?
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Males tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
Safer the car lower the rate – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Kia Stinger scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Filing claims can increase rates – Car insurance companies in Colorado give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Costs and your address – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Colorado areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Affects performance affects premiums – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Kia Stinger is classified as a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same compared to average rates in Denver. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Youthful drivers pay high prices – Youthful drivers in Colorado have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
Higher premiums for coverage lapses – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
Save with these discounts on Kia Stinger insurance in Denver
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Stinger can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Stinger insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see companies that offer discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Denver auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Denver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Denver who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Westwood Insurance
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 377-1172 – View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-9300 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
3401 Quebec St Ste 9400 – Denver, CO 80207 – (303) 377-4767 – View Map
- Beth Bales – State Farm Insurance Agent
3650 S Yosemite St #408 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 993-2727 – View Map
- Tiffany Meidinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Acoma St – Denver, CO 80204 – (720) 508-8760 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long has their agency been in business in Denver?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy. Just remember consumers can cancel coverage whenever you want so never assume you are locked into the car insurance policy indefinitely.
Persistence pays off
Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Kia Stinger insurance in Denver can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Stinger insurance in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)