Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable Lexus CT 200h insurance in Denver? Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used Lexus CT 200h in Colorado can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a Lexus and locate the lowest price from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
Unfortunately, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Colorado consumers could save an average of nearly 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Low-cost car insurance in Denver, CO
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Ten discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on CT 200h insurance in Denver.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Denver may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn cheaper premium rates.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap CT 200h insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the cost of coverage.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
If you need cheaper Denver car insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Denver, click here.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What if I total my Lexus CT 200h and owe more than it’s worth?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Lexus CT 200h?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Will my Lexus CT 200h be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Denver?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Denver
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
- Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
- Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St – Denver, CO 80206 – (720) 209-4598 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind you can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t think you are locked into any specific agency for the full term.
Is there deception in advertising?
Colorado drivers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise the message about savings if you just switch to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can have lower policy pricing? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that earns them the highest profit. For example, this type of driver should be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. A driver who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest rates and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside those standards will be charged higher rates and the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. This really drives home the point why you need to get Denver car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which company will fit your personal profile best.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your CT 200h caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your CT 200h to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as surgery, pain medications, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus CT 200h.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cost effective Lexus CT 200h insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find affordable Lexus CT 200h insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Denver car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Denver? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)