Looking for more competitive Mazda 2 insurance in Denver? Getting budget Denver Mazda 2 insurance quotes is somewhat difficult for drivers who are beginners to quoting and price shopping on the internet. With dozens of insurance companies available, how can you efficiently compare all the different companies and get the cheapest price possible?
Amazingly, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Colorado could save themselves about 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. This article’s intent is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and also pocket some savings Nevertheless, Colorado car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Five factors that determine insurance costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Liability insurance limits should be high – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders are in fender benders at a similar rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Frequent insurance claims will increase rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Avoid tickets and save – Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Just one driving citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
How to compare Mazda 2 insurance rate quotes in Denver
Keep in mind that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Big names are not always cheapest
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television, radio, and online ads. They all make an identical promise about saving some big amount if you get a free Denver car insurance quote and switch to them. How does every auto insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in the words they use.
Most companies have underwriting criteria for a prospective insured that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a desirable insured may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A propective insured who fits that profile will probably get the lowest premium rates and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who cannot meet this stringent profile may be forced to pay a higher rate with the end result being the customer not purchasing. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Because of these techniques, you really should do a quote comparison often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda 2 has a lien holder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Denver with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, business and professional, pay in full, multi-car, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good driver, paid-in-full, anti-theft, homeowner, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- Allstate may include discounts for teenSMART discount, economy car, auto/life discount, premier discount, and utility vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Denver, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Denver.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Types of auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Denver are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Denver that may be able to give price quotes.
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 – Denver, CO 80218 – (303) 388-7216 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St – Denver, CO 80206 – (720) 209-4598 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Denver exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Todd Savage – State Farm Insurance Agent
2401 E 6th Ave – Denver, CO 80206 – (303) 722-1139 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Agent Mike
I-25 – Denver, CO 80231 – (303) 752-2900 – View Map
- State Farm: Sid Priday
2955 Inca St #1b – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 825-7909 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Denver?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Mazda 2 insurance premium rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
When searching for affordable Denver car insurance quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Denver can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Denver, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)