Trying to find low-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Denver? Do you get confused by the number of insurance sources in your area? Lot’s of other drivers are too. People have such a vast assortment of sources available that it can turn into a ton of work to find the perfect company for you. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Denver is an awesome place to live, but high insurance prices can make it hard for many drivers to afford proper coverage amounts.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Colorado can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
You need to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best quotes on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Denver at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Raider insurance out there, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Denver.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using this information. This information will help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates and some tips to save money. Although Colorado consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Six Things That Influence Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Where you reside plays a part – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your Raider can result in significantly higher rates.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mitsubishi Raider has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Women tend to take less risk – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Marriage can lower prices – Being married can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Performance influences prices – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Mitsubishi Raider is a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Denver. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that you’ll save big if you just switch to their company. How does every car insurance company give you a better price on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Denver?
Car insurance companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. An example of a preferred risk might be described as a mature driver, has never had a claim, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any driver who matches that profile will get the preferred auto insurance rates in Denver and will save some money.
Drivers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will see a more expensive rate which translates to business not being written. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can make those statements.
Because of the profiling, you should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Raider with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t overlook these Mitsubishi Raider insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could save up to 20% off your total Raider insurance premium.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, good student, multi-policy, business or organization, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, good student, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and early bird.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Denver. To locate insurers with significant discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Denver who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Denver who can help you get price quotes for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Denver.
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Denise Hoffman
535 16th St #350 – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 628-0554 – View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd – Denver, CO 80246 – (303) 321-9300 – View Map
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 – Denver, CO 80211 – (303) 477-0505 – View Map
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Denver should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Find cheap rates by being thorough
The cheapest Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Denver is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you quote Denver car insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Denver Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)