How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost Saturn Ion insurance in Denver? High-priced Saturn Ion insurance in Denver can overdraw your savings, especially in this economy. Performing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers can cut their rates by nearly 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they just switched companies. Vehicle owners have many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to compare company pricing for Saturn Ion insurance in Denver.
Reducing your Saturn Ion insurance rates is not rocket science. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing rates to see which company has inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Saturn Ion insurance rates online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the peace of mind that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn Ion in Denver, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Saturn Ion but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance advertising gotchas
Colorado consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest rates from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all try to convey promises about saving some big amount if you switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can make the same claim?
Most companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For instance, a profitable risk profile might have to be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Anybody that fits those parameters will probably get cheap rates and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not meet these criteria must pay a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
That is why drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which company will have better rates than you’re paying now.
Saturn Ion insurance discounts in Denver
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help lower your policy cost.
To view auto insurance companies with the best Saturn Ion insurance discounts in Denver in Colorado, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Denver insurance agency
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Denver.
After completing this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a good Denver insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Denver are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
57 W Alameda Ave – Denver, CO 80223 – (303) 722-2841 – View Map
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Discount Saturn Ion insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)