Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced Saturn Outlook insurance in Denver? Say no more because many Denver consumers are in the same pinch.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in Colorado could save nearly 35% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they just switched companies.
There are many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to compare company pricing for Saturn Outlook insurance in Denver.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates on a regular basis because insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best deal on Saturn Outlook insurance in Denver at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to get good coverage on Saturn Outlook insurance in Denver at a lower rate.
Best companies for cheap Saturn Outlook insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$294||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,430||$119|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$190||$288||$352||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$310||$496||$362||$22||$108||$1,298||$108|
|Outlook XE AWD||$326||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,526||$127|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$294||$528||$396||$24||$118||$1,360||$113|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$334||$620||$426||$26||$128||$1,534||$128|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$262||$448||$330||$20||$98||$1,158||$97|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$308||$534||$474||$28||$142||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the difference between Saturn Outlook insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Saturn Outlook settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Saturn Outlook insurance costs by age and gender
The information below shows the difference between Saturn Outlook insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Saturn Outlook car insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How Insurers Calculate Saturn Outlook Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Saturn Outlook scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Always keep your insurance in force – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Obey driving laws and save – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Getting just one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Premiums drop with age – Teenage drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Liability limits should be high – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Affordable Denver car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Saturn Outlook insurance in Denver.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Denver auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current Outlook insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, pay in full, bundle discounts, homeowner, good student, and mature driver.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, safety device, multi-policy, paid-in-full, online quote, claim free, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, good student, anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, air bags, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- Allstate discounts include utility vehicle, multi-policy, EZ pay plan discount, economy car, and early signing.
If you need affordable Saturn Outlook insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Denver.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Denver can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Denver who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Denver exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Alan Deines – State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 388-4400 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Does auto insurance advertising bend the truth?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads seem to make the promise that people will save if you change your coverage. How does each company give you a lower rate on Saturn Outlook insurance in Denver? This is how they do it.
Companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. One example of a profitable risk profile could possibly be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A propective insured that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap car insurance rates as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t meet those standards will get a higher premium and business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
This really illustrates why you should compare many company’s premium rates. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which auto insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Frequent quotes can save
We covered a lot of information how to reduce Saturn Outlook insurance car insurance rates online in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cost effective Saturn Outlook insurance can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Denver Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)