Are you sick of overpaying and want more affordable Chevy Uplander insurance in Denver? Tired of not being able to afford each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as most other drivers in Colorado.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. American insurance shoppers can save up to $850 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they changed companies. With drivers having so many choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Chevy Uplander in Denver, it can be diffult for people to locate a more affordable auto insurance company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates once or twice a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates on Chevy Uplander insurance in Denver a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best methods to save on auto insurance.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Denver is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper insurance without reducing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to know the tricks to compare different rates over the internet.
Do you qualify for these seven discounts?
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount shop Denver auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Denver Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, good student, safety features, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and air bag.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in Denver. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Denver, follow this link.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How to know if you need help
When selecting the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is my Chevy Uplander covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Exclusive and independent Denver car insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
Caramel Russell-Rouse – State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 – Denver, CO 80224 – (303) 424-0420 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below are Denver independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
After you get answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance. Just be aware that you can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way out.
Protect your Uplander and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Uplander insurance, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, most lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Chevy Uplander
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Uplander.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Uplander resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Uplander in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, loss of income, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for Chevy Uplander insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper insurance in Denver can be bought on the web and with local Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Denver? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)