Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together to make your insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as millions of other people.
It’s hard to fathom, but most insurance policyholders in Colorado have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save approximately 46.5% a year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheaper insurance rates. Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
Companies offering Chevy SS insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Denver insurance discounts for a Chevy SS
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study driving manner by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help lower your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, theft prevention, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, family plan, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and defensive driving.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, good driver, renters, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, paid-in-full, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, air bag, defensive driver, and bundle.
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. To choose insurance companies with the best Chevy SS insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Denver.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Denver
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Denver can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below are Denver independent agencies that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 320-4901 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Denver should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
After receiving acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
Persistent drivers can save
When searching for inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, policy cancellation and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced Chevy SS insurance in Denver can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Denver? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)