If you are new to online auto insurance, chances are good that you are overwhelmed because of the huge number of insurers who claim to have the best auto insurance rates.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Drivers in Denver could pocket nearly $605 a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
How to get Denver Ford Freestar insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find cheaper Ford Freestar rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Denver car insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Denver could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Freestar can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Freestar insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, military installation, multi-vehicle, family discount, good student, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, air bags, mySafetyValet, good driver, defensive driver, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance includes discounts for good student, online quote, renters, Switch & Save, and paid-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, teen driver, early shopping, mature driver, and pay in full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, good student, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurers with discount rates in Denver, click here.
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Denver.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Denver can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Denver that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 282-8000 – View Map
- All Insurance Agency
67 Knox Ct – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 935-3661 – View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 – Denver, CO 80246 – (800) 636-6185 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Sid Priday
2955 Inca St #1b – Denver, CO 80202 – (303) 825-7909 – View Map
- Hiram Licea – State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 935-7475 – View Map
- Blanca Kerschen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4840 Chambers Rd b – Denver, CO 80239 – (303) 595-9000 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- More traffic means higher claims – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Ford Freestar by improving your rating. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Does auto insurance cost less for gals? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Ford Freestar is considered a van and minivan, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Denver.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How much liability do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Filing policy claims can cost more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Colorado generally give most affordable rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Freestar in Denver, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects your Ford and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
You just read many ways to compare Ford Freestar insurance premium rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Cost effective Ford Freestar insurance can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Denver car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)