Having to pay for pricey Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Denver can dwindle your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a rate analysis can save money and help to lower your monthly bill.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Denver could cut their rates by nearly $605 a year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates before your next renewal since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Denver last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of Crosstrek insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to find cheap auto insurance in Denver.
Finding quotes for cheaper car insurance in Denver is not as confusing as people think. Virtually everyone who carries car insurance will be able to find better rates. But Colorado vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
To get the cheapest Subaru Crosstrek rate quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from different Denver insurance companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Subaru Crosstrek rates consists of shopping online.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to go to different Denver agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Denver?
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- E-sign Discounts – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Crosstrek insurance in Denver.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some companies that have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view providers that offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Protect your Crosstrek and other assets
Even though Denver Crosstrek insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Crosstrek, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Denver auto insurance agents?
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is definitely important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Denver who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When researching a good Denver insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can possibly get you free auto insurance quotes.
These type of agents work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is there a local claims center in Denver?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?