I can’t think of a single person who enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Colorado can save nearly 35% each year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. People have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Tesla Model X insurance in Denver.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best quotes on Tesla Model X insurance in Denver a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Lower Your Denver Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
The items below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
Combine and save – Some insurers give a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare Tesla Model X rates in Denver to verify if the discount is saving money.
Males tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
More people means more accidents – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Lower population means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
You might get higher prices if you are single – Having a wife or husband may save some money when buying insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Never let your policy expire – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Even one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Most of the larger companies provide prices on the web. Doing online quotes for Tesla Model X insurance in Denver is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your required coverages on the page. Once entered, the company’s rating system will obtain your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these and other factors. The ability to get online rates for Tesla Model X insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your Tesla vehicle just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Tesla at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Tesla and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Denver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Denver car insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up digitally online.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Colorado, click this link.
Comparing rates from local Denver insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Denver who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Denver?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Best auto insurance agent in Denver
If you want a local Denver insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Denver are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Denver that can give you price quotes.
Tammy Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 – Denver, CO 80249 – (303) 373-9500 – View Map
Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
It’s not one size fits all
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
You just read many tips how you can lower your Tesla Model X insurance rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much are Denver Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Denver? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)