Are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance sources available to you? Many other drivers are too. There are so many sources to choose from that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the lowest price for Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Denver. Denver has lots to offer, but pricey auto insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to pay other bills every month.
Statistics show that most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Colorado can cut their rates by as much as $605 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give coverage price quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Denver is quite simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When complete, their rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns a price.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find affordable rates.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Don’t neglect these eight discounts on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Denver
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Yaris iA insurance in Denver.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Yaris iA insurance in Denver.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Denver auto insurance quotes online.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, payment discounts, student away at school, multi-car, and new car.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, driver training, 55 and older, defensive driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, and teen driver.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, accident-free, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, military active duty, good student, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Denver, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Denver.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Denver auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent agencies in Denver that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St – Denver, CO 80206 – (720) 209-4598 – View Map
- Mile High Insurance Agency
4704 Harlan St #360 – Denver, CO 80212 – (303) 237-5445 – View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 824-6600 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are Denver exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Bao Ngoc Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
1699 S Federal Blvd b – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 975-1100 – View Map
- Hiram Licea – State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd – Denver, CO 80219 – (303) 935-7475 – View Map
- Bob Chapman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave – Denver, CO 80210 – (303) 777-3005 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Which family members are covered?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Toyota Yaris iA?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Why you need Toyota vehicle insurance in Colorado
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Denver, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Toyota Yaris iA.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Yaris iA to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, falling objects, theft, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like dental work, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
A little work can save a LOT of money
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, high prices or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
Cheaper car insurance in Denver is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Denver auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Additional information is located at these links:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Denver? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Denver Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)