Do you get exhausted from wondering where the money will come from each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as most other drivers in Colorado.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. American drivers could save an average of up to 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different Denver insurance companies. The best way to find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so simple to compare insurance price quotes online takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the personal advice of a local Denver agent. You can, however, find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give Denver Golf SportWagen insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Determines Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Insurance Prices?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce prices – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Premiums drop with age – Youthful drivers in Colorado are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver to your car insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Prices and employer – Occupations like military generals, business owners and accountants tend to have higher premium rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Policy lapses lead to higher prices – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents.
Marriage pays dividends – Getting married may save some money compared to being single. It may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Get lower-cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Denver with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Resident Student – Children living away from Denver attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
To locate insurers who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Local Denver insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How many years have they been established?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Denver are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
Alan Deines – State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 388-4400 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Denver independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
After getting good responses and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy at any point so don’t think you are locked into any particular company for the full policy term.
Persistence pays off
Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Denver is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Denver? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)