Paying for pricey Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver can sap your funds, especially in this economy. Performing a price comparison is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most Colorado car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
People have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to get the best deal for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver.
It’s smart to compare prices as often as possible because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver a couple years back you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Routan insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some tested techniques to buy car insurance cheaper in Denver.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver is really quite easy. Virtually everyone who needs cheaper auto insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. Although Colorado consumers do need to learn how companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Volkswagen Routan Insurance
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Your spouse can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Good drivers pay less – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Do thieves like your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Male premiums may be higher – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. They also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Don’t let your auto insurance lapse – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time.
Bundling policies can get discounts – Lots of auto insurance companies allow a discount for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$168||$236||$298||$18||$90||$810||$68|
|Routan SE 2WD||$298||$448||$304||$18||$92||$1,160||$97|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$340||$662||$404||$24||$120||$1,550||$129|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$380||$644||$298||$18||$90||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Denver location which can modify coverage rates greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can drive up Volkswagen Routan annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all state the claim about how much you will save if you move your coverage to them. How do they all give you a lower rate on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured might be described as a mature driver, has other policies, and drives a safe vehicle. Anyone that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices in Denver and is almost guaranteed to cut their Volkswagen Routan insurance rates if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile may be required to pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, you really need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Companies offer many discounts on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century has discounts for homeowners, good student, theft prevention, student driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To find companies with discount rates in Denver, follow this link.
Local Denver auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Denver that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Denver?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
Below are Denver insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
Shop smart and save
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Denver. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Denver auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents. More affordable auto insurance in Denver is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Denver agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Denver? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Denver? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Denver Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)