Purchasing discount Denver Volvo S60 insurance quotes on the internet may seem to be intimidating for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing and buying insurance over the internet. With so many insurers to choose from, how can Denver drivers even start to compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Colorado consumers could save $600 a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Shopping for the best car insurance policy in Denver is actually quite simple. Although Colorado car owners need to have an understanding of how companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way by far to comparison shop consists of shopping online.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Denver with discounts
Some companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on S60 insurance in Denver.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, online quote, online shopper, and good driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-policy, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Denver.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo S60 in Denver, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S60 with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Volvo and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
When it comes to buying a policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volvo S60 is worth?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Denver?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
When should I get advice from an agent?
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Denver.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good Denver insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you need to check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Sorhage and James Insurance
1660 S Albion St # 1005 – Denver, CO 80222 – (303) 759-4551 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 – Denver, CO 80206 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St – Denver, CO 80210 – (970) 230-3020 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joe Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4110 8th Ave – Denver, CO 80220 – (303) 388-4949 – View Map
- Jack Sunahara – State Farm Insurance Agent
3525 S Tamarac Dr #160 – Denver, CO 80237 – (303) 779-4848 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Greg Delgado
2839 Wyandot St – Denver, CO 80211 – (720) 588-4111 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How long has their agency been open in Denver?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?